Autumn Is A Season Of Reflection that leads us to Welcome Winter Solstice.
“If winter is slumber, spring is birth, and summer is life, then autumn rounds out to be reflection. It’s a time of year when the leaves are down, the harvest is in and the perennials are gone.”
Mother Earth just closed up the drapes on another year and it’s time to reflect on what’s come before.” – Mitchell Burgess –
Winter solstice is almost upon us and it reminds us that Winter is almost here. Time for many of us to hibernate, to hunker down and stay warm until Spring. It also allows us more time to ponder, to appreciate and perhaps time to let go.
How often have we heard “in Autumn, like the leaves we are invited to let things, people, situations et all go and not to fear it.” I have grown to like this notion of letting go of anything that no longer brings me Joy no matter the attachment I may have had to it. The oddest one for me has always been allowing people to ‘leaf me. Ahh Haa hope ya liked that one!
As we embark on the snowy season arriving sooner than later, may we embrace this notion everyone has many seasons in their own life and often people do not stick around longer than a season or two. Lucky are we who have those friends who stick around season after season and continue to grown and change like leaves along-side with us. I for one am blessed with a few and as we age we understand the harvesting of great friendships is a gift from Mother Nature – the Universe.
This is a nice short Blog to remind us how natural it is to let go, to allow folks to grow in their own time, at their own pace and that anything they say about us is more a reflection of them than on you. Perhaps, you may want to re-read this one. It’s not about you – it never was about you.
Growth for me has allowed me to witness how I feel in certain situations that keep presenting themselves and I take these feelings it rumbles in me as an indication I have more inside work to do. I see that as personal growth on many levels and a reflection that life is about lessons and not about making mistakes nor blaming others. Our hearts will break once in a while and then Love will come back to light the fire inside each of us. Kinda like Autumn allowing the leaves to fall in preparation for the Winter Solstice and the magic that it brings.
And so the view from the chair today provides a few take-aways; that is, if you have time to read them.
- Just as the Autumn leaves were not afraid to let go, so too can we
- Not everyone is meant to stay forever – Silently Thank folks for Loving you
- You know that saying ‘ People come into your life for a Reason, a Season or a Lifetime
- Life is about learning lessons that many call mistakes
- Personal Growth is the best gift you can give yourself
- Do the Damn Work if you want to grow in life (some may not understand this)
- No need to Judge anyone – we are all at different stages in our Walk called Life
- Let’s Lift People up rather than be ready to kick them while they are down
- Do you take time to spread Joy – Kindness to others
- When was the last time you fed your own Fire of Creativity
As always, I appreciate you stopping in to read my Blog and hopefully you may find a nugget or two that you can carry with you. Life is more magical that we acknowledge, yes indeed it sure is!